JumpSTART Pediatric Triage Algorithm
View/Print as PDF (PDF - 68 KB) Text Version
- JumpSTART, a pediatric version of START, was developed at the Miami, Florida Children's Hospital in 1995 by Dr. Lou Romig.
- A modification was published in 2001. 1
- Formal scientific review of the efficacy of JumpStart has been limited. 2,3
- JumpSTART is probably the most commonly used pediatric mass casualty triage algorithm in the US.
- Romig LE. Pediatric triage, a system to JumpSTART your triage of young patients at MCIs. JEMS. 2002 Jul;27(7):52-8, 60-3 [PubMed Citation]
- Wallis LA, Carley S. Comparison of paediatric major incident primary triage tools. Emerg Med J. 2006 Jun;23(6):475-8 [PubMed Citation]
- Sanddal TL, Loyacono T, Sanddal ND. Effect of JumpSTART trainng on immediate and short-term pediatric triage performance. Pediatr Emerg Care 2004; 20:749-753. [PubMed Citation]
PDF documents can be viewed with the free Adobe® Reader™